Getting the right biomass heating system is about much more than just choosing a good quality boiler. Naturally, it requires a thorough understanding of biomass heating technology, as well as general heating and plumbing systems.
Ultimately though, the solution needs to make good economic sense for the client and this often means striking a delicate balance between energy demand, project costs, fuel costs and incentives. While replacing all existing boilers with biomass heating alternatives is perfectly possible, it is not always the optimal solution and there are some situations where a biomass heating system just doesn’t make good financial sense.
Larger, more complex projects, in particular, frequently lead with biomass heating but retain fossil fuel boilers as a back- up during demand peaks because it makes practical and financial sense to do so.
When choosing a biomass heating system, it is important that you make sure that your provider explains the economics to you in detail so you are confident that, as well as getting the right technology, in the right place, that the numbers stack up for you.
Regardless of the size and nature of a biomass heating project, our technical experts undertake a thorough feasibility of each site. They need to consider a number of parameters in order to make the right system recommendation.
- Understanding your current heating and plumbing system
- Understanding your heat demand at different periods throughout the year
- Understanding your current energy costs
- Determining whether your heat demand is best met by 100% biomass heating or by biomass heating as part of a broader solution
- Defining how the biomass heating boiler will work with and communicate with your heating system, particularly where there are back-up fossil fuel boilers on site
- Understanding how much control or interaction you want with the system
- Accommodating any future building developments you may be considering
At Chip Chip Ltd we work with our sister company Wood Energy on the design and installation a biomass boiler to suit your needs.